Speak with an agent

Follow Us

Rental Insurance

Rental insurance is a type of insurance that provides coverage and protection for your rental property. It helps safeguard your investment by offering financial assistance in case of damages or losses caused by unforeseen events such as fire, theft, or natural disasters. At our company, we understand the importance of protecting your rental property and offer comprehensive rental insurance plans tailored to your specific needs. Our experienced team of insurance professionals will guide you through the process, ensuring that you have the right coverage to protect your investment. We provide peace of mind by offering reliable and efficient claims handling services, allowing you to focus on other aspects of managing your property. With our rental insurance, you can rest assured knowing that your rental property is safeguarded and any potential financial risks are minimized.

What is covered?

  • Clothing

  • Electronics (TV's, DVD players, etc.)

  • Furniture

  • Toys/other games

  • Tools/power equipment

  • Appliances you brought into your place (refrigerator, washer/dryer, etc.)

Some belongings have sub-limits or per-item limits. This is detailed in your policy documents. If you have expensive items, please contact your insurance agent to get additional coverage, if needed.

Other terms to note within your policy:

  • Replacement Cost: This option provides coverage on a replacement cost basis without deduction for depreciation instead of actual cash value.

  • Personal liability: If someone is injured on your property due to your fault or an insured causes damage to the property of others, this coverage will compensate them for damages.

  • Medical payments: Pays medical bills if someone else is hurt at your residence.

Perils that are included in your coverage:

  • Theft and vandalism

  • Fire and smoke

  • Windstorm and hail

  • Water damage from plumbing, furnace/AC or water heater

Be sure to understand the amount of coverage that you have; the more severe the damage, the higher the coverage required. Note for any events due to a crime, such as theft, a police report must be registered in order to file a claim.

What's NOT covered?

  • Vermin (i.e. squirrel, mice)

  • Insects (i.e. ants, roaches, etc.)

  • Flood damage

  • Accidental damage to personal property

  • Accidental misplacement of personal property

Standard exclusions include the following:

  • Earth movement

  • Flood damage

  • Power failure

  • Neglect

  • Intentional loss

  • War

  • Nuclear Hazard

  • Ordinance or law of governmental action

  • Removal of fallen trees is excluded unless they damage your house or outbuilding or block access to your property

  • Limitations exist on coverage amounts for jewelry, guns, silverware, cash, coins, certain types of collections, art and computers/equipment

  • Property and Liability Coverage for automobiles, watercraft and aircraft is limited or excluded

  • Replacement Cost property claims are settled on an Actual Cash Value basis until you repair or replace the property

  • Losses to insured property intentionally caused by an insured are excluded

  • Losses to the dwelling caused by water or sewage from outside the dwelling that backs up through sewers and drains are excluded

Frequently asked questions

Do I need renters insurance?

It’s always a good idea to get renters insurance to cover your stuff. There are some apartment complexes, property management companies and/or landlords that may require it.

What are my out-of-pocket costs?

Deductible: This is simply the amount you have to pay if you have a claim. For example: You have a $250 all other peril deductible and a fire damages your $1,000 couch. You'll pay $250, and your insurer will pay the remaining $750.

What extra coverages are available?

There are other optional / extra coverages like ID theft and bed bug coverage to name a few that may be available in your state. Please contact a representative if you are interested in extra coverages.

Forcible Entry Theft: This endorsement offers the customer to amend the theft peril to forcible entry theft. There must be visible evidence of physical damage at the point of entry which results in the forced entry, and loss of property. There is a 10% discount when this coverage is selected.

Water Backup Coverage: Our renters insurance policy offers water or sewer backup which pays for damage to your personal property as a result of water that backs up through sewers or drains. Covers up to $5,000 in all states except AK the maximum benefit is $2,500. We are required to offer you this coverage for your full policy limits in MD.

Pet Damage: This endorsement provides up to $500 (in excess of security deposit or special pet deposit) per policy period for property damage caused to the landlord's property by a pet.

Is my spouse covered?

Yes, spouses and family members under the age of 18 are automatically covered. However, make sure the content coverage you select is enough to cover all of their belongings as well.

Is my roommate covered?

Roommates are not automatically covered in a policy. In order to add them to a policy, simply list each of them as an additional insured when you enroll.

Can I keep my policy if I move?
Yes! Reach out to your carrier for your policy to update your address. Keep in mind that your rate might change when moving. Rates may vary based on location.